Wednesday, October 17, 2012

M.A.W. - Recently Released and Upcoming Ogres

M.A.W.
(Model Alternative Watch)

Well it has certainly been a while since I last posted here on the neglected Bellower blog! What better way to bring back the regular posts than to point out a few recently released Ogre alternatives?

First up we have a very cool looking character from Figone:


Could be great as a Maneater, or perhaps a traveling Tyrant? Maybe a deep sea/pirate themed Butcher or Bruiser? The scale is just a tad big at 52mm and the figure is cast in resin.

Speaking of Butchers, check out this friendly chap recently released by Dark Art Studios:


This kit comes with plenty of alternative weapons, and heads, including a Pyramid Head and Leatherface themed Ogre. Fun with gore and resin!

Next up we have another fantastic release in the Ogres of Bloodsail Island line from Titan Forge:


Named 'Gator Drivers', these guys can be bought either in pairs or singularly and are cast in resin. For those looking for even more "big guy" variations be sure to check out the Titan Forge Flesh Reapers who might make great Yhettee or Gorger alternatives.

And finally we have some initial WIP models from Mantic's recent Ogre related Kickstarter campaign (thanks to Mr. Saturday for the heads up):


Great looking stuff! Though the bodies are quite different from the Ogres of the Ogre Kingdoms I like the variety of weapons, heads, and armor bits. Looking forward to seeing what folks come up with out of these new kits!

And that's all we have this time around - if you own any of these models and would be interested in doing a review of them for the Bellower blog, please get in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, thanks for sharing these as I otherwise wouldn't have stumbled across them. The Mantic Ogres are a very different aesthetic compared to GW's so they may make for good Maneaters or something suitable distinct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm currently in the search for sites or blogs. I really liked your site, would like to exchange links. I can add you to my blog for a list of links so that my visitors can see your site as well, in return I ask my web links

    any questions only contact me

    greetings, I am waiting for your answer.
    karivelezs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete